Somerset County in South Western PA moved to the Green phase on June 5. Which means pretty much everything is open with new protocols/precautions (which is apparently as far as things go–for at least now).
So far all openings have gone well with no reason to go back to more restrictions—fingers crossed that stays that way. But things still seem to change daily and do your own research.
Here’s what green means:
- Gatherings of more than 250 people remain prohibited. This would include most festivals, conferences, sporting events or concerts.
- Religious worship is exempt from restrictions, but social distancing and other mitigation methods are strongly encouraged.
- All businesses operating at 50% occupancy in yellow phase may increase to 75%, but working remotely is still strongly encouraged.
- Businesses with in-person operations must follow updated safety requirements.
- Personal care services, such as hair salons and barbershops, open at 50% occupancy and by appointment only
- Construction activity may return to full capacity
Dining and recreation
- Restaurants and bars open for dine-in service, but with occupancy limits and other guidelines.
- Indoor recreation, including gyms, spas and health and wellness facilities, open at 50% occupancy with appointments strongly encouraged
- All entertainment, including casinos, theaters and shopping malls, open at 50% occupancy
- Schools can reopen, subject to CDC and state guidance (though they will remain closed for the rest of the 2019-20 school year)
- Child care may open, complying with guidance.
- Congregate care restrictions remain in place
- Prison and hospital visitation restrictions determined by individual facilitiesStill in yellow
TIPS FOR STAYING IN THE KNOW
https://www.laurelhighlands.org/things-to-do/now-open/ is a good resource.
Also finding the Facebook page for the business that you are looking for often has the most updated info.