Somerset County in South Western PA moved to the Green phase on June 5, 2020. Which means pretty much everything is open with new protocols/precautions.
Even if it is a place you visit each year, many attractions have new hours, operate at 50% capacity or may require an appointment. Plan for a successful trip with a quick phone call before you visit. The Facebook page for your intended destination is also a good place to check for up to date news.
Here’s what green means:
- Gatherings of more than 250 people remain prohibited. This would include most festivals, conferences, sporting events or concerts.
- Religious worship is exempt from restrictions, but social distancing and other mitigation methods are strongly encouraged.
- All businesses operating at 50% occupancy in yellow phase may increase to 75%, but working remotely is still strongly encouraged.
- Businesses with in-person operations must follow updated safety requirements.
- Personal care services, such as hair salons and barbershops, open at 50% occupancy and by appointment only
- Construction activity may return to full capacity
Dining and recreation
- Restaurants and bars open for dine-in service, but with occupancy limits and other guidelines.
- Indoor recreation, including gyms, spas and health and wellness facilities, open at 50% occupancy with appointments strongly encouraged
- All entertainment, including casinos, theaters and shopping malls, open at 50% occupancy
TIPS FOR STAYING IN THE KNOW
https://www.laurelhighlands.org/things-to-do/now-open/ is a good resource or reach out to me by email, text or call.